Introduction: China is in the process of rapid industrialization. The rapid economic growth cannot be separated from the development and utilization of mineral resources. As one of the indispensable material foundations of the industrial and consumer goods industries, aluminum is especially important today in terms of both electronics and information technology. Its position in the national economy has been increasing year by year. The development of the aluminum industry has ushered in a period of stable development.
During the 11th Five-Year Plan period, the annual total fixed asset investment in the aluminum industry has shown a steady upward trend. From 2006 to 2010, the total investment in fixed assets in the aluminum mining and smelting industry was 192.9 billion yuan, and the average annual growth rate of fixed asset investment reached 19.7%. The steady growth of the aluminum industry has driven the rapid development of power distribution and automation products in the aluminum industry. According to the data released by the JFUnited organization, in 2010 alone, the total application of automation products in the aluminum mine and smelting industry was 560 million yuan, and the investment in the automation part accounted for about 1.1% of the total investment. The total application of electrical products is 2.28 billion yuan, and the investment in power distribution accounts for about 4.5% of the total investment. This shows that for any power distribution or automation manufacturer, the aluminum industry is one of the industries worthy of attention.
China has introduced and digested international advanced technology for aluminum smelting since the 1980s, and applied a large amount of imported production and automation control equipment. The market for automation products is mainly Honeywell, Foxboro, Siemens, AB, ABB, Mitsubishi, Monopolized by foreign brands such as Fuji. After more than 20 years of development, although the proportion of domestic equipment used in the aluminum smelting industry has increased to a great extent, in addition to high-voltage inverters, the application of supporting products for automation is still concentrated in foreign brands, and the proportion of domestic brands is very low. According to JFUnited research, in 2010, China ’s aluminum mining and smelting industry automation market (DCS, PLC, low-voltage inverter) foreign brand market share reached 85.5%; high-voltage inverter market share is mainly Ledford occupy. Compared with automation products, more than 95% of the market share of power distribution products (power transformers, medium voltage transformers, and low voltage panels) is mainly occupied by domestic brands. Power distribution components are mainly concentrated in foreign companies such as Siemens, ABB, Schneider and Mueller.
On the whole, during the 11th Five-Year Plan period, China's aluminum mining and smelting industry automation and power distribution market mainly reflects the following characteristics:
1) From the perspective of the industrial chain, automation products are mainly used in the alumina industry. In 2010, the application ratios of automation products in aluminum mines, alumina, and electrolytic aluminum were: 2%: 78.0%: 20.0%; power distribution The products mainly use the electrolytic aluminum industry as the main application area. In 2010, the application amounts of power distribution products in aluminum mines, alumina, and electrolytic aluminum were 12%: 44%: 54.0%.
2) From the perspective of project types, automation products such as PLC, DCS, low-voltage inverters and most power distribution products are mainly used in new construction projects, while high-voltage inverters are mainly used in transformation projects, especially in concentrated applications. Production tapping and energy-saving transformation projects.
3) In terms of geographical distribution, automation and power distribution products are mainly used in Shanxi, Henan, Yunnan, Guangxi, and Shandong provinces, accounting for more than 60% of the total market share.
4) From the perspective of business categories, the supporting automation and power distribution products are still concentrated in traditional business such as field-level DCS, PLC, inverter, transformer, switchgear, and plant-level system solutions such as MES, EMS, and power quality management. New business is still in its infancy and awareness stage.
5) From the perspective of government regulation and control, affected by the government's macroeconomic policies, the annual growth of investment distribution in the aluminum smelting industry during the 11th Five-Year Plan period has fluctuated greatly, which directly led to large fluctuations in the growth rate of the application market for automation and distribution products.
6) From the perspective of the nature of the procurement body, the procurement ratio between state-owned enterprises and private companies (including foreign capital) is roughly 3: 7. Many private enterprises including Weiqiao Group, Hope Group, Xinfa Group, Bosai Group, and Jinjiang Group have Involved in aluminum mining and smelting industry, and continued to expand investment scale.
7) From the perspective of enterprise procurement models, most enterprises adopt the model of centralized procurement approval at the headquarters of the group, and the branch is responsible for procurement. The purchasing decision-making power is still mainly in the hands of the branch enterprises.
8) From the perspective of purchasing decision-making influence, the owner's purchasing decision-making power is getting greater and greater, while EPC, DI, SI and other units have less and less influence in the procurement link.
Twelfth Five-Year Plan, Development Trends of China's Aluminum Mining and Smelting Industry and Opportunities for Automation and Distribution Manufacturers:
During the 12th Five-Year Plan period, the overall development of China's aluminum mines and smelting industry will still maintain rapid growth, highlighting the adjustment of the industrial structure, encouraging the development of bauxite, limiting the total amount of aluminum smelting, and supporting the deep processing of the aluminum industry will become the main theme of the industry development. According to JFUnited's forecast, the total national asset investment of China's aluminum mining and smelting industry in the 12th Five-Year Plan will reach more than 370 billion yuan. The average annual growth rate of investment has slowed down compared to the 11th Five-Year Plan, but it remains at 12.5. % Faster growth rate. The investment will show the characteristics of "retreating eastward and westward", "new reduction, increase, increase", "national advancement and retreat", and "coal-electricity integration". At that time, investment will be mainly transferred to the western regions, Xinjiang, Guizhou, and Guangxi. The city's investment will account for more than 70% of the overall investment; new projects will slow down, while transformation projects will increase relative to the 11th Five-Year Plan; the proportion of state-owned investment including Chinalco and China Power Investment will increase; investment In addition to the aluminum smelting industry itself, it also extends to the upstream coal and electricity industries.
In addition, during the 12th Five-Year Plan period, the national energy conservation and emission reduction policy will further promote the development of the aluminum industry. Aluminum smelting enterprises, as large energy consumers, are under the supervision of the government. At the same time, due to the fierce market competition environment, a large number of enterprises are in a loss situation. Under this background, all enterprises (including state-owned and private enterprises) will reduce costs and improve efficiency as Core operating indicators; as energy costs account for a high proportion of the production costs of aluminum smelting enterprises (36% alumina, 43% electrolytic aluminum), reducing energy consumption has become the focus of attention of various enterprises; in order to achieve the goal of reducing energy consumption, at the same time In cooperation with the government's energy conservation work, each enterprise has established an energy efficiency management organization accordingly. 60% of them have established energy-saving offices separately, and 40% of them have staff in charge of energy-saving work in their existing internal departments. The demand for energy-saving solutions is also increasing.
Looking at the overall situation, JFUnited believes that the development level of China's aluminum mining and smelting industry in the 12th Five-Year Plan will still be in a period of steady growth. The traditional business of automation and power distribution products is in the total volume, region, industry chain, brand, etc. A new pattern will emerge in this area, and new businesses such as MES and EMS will also usher in the introduction and development period. Each electrical and automation manufacturer only fully grasps the development trend of the aluminum industry, closely follows hot projects, taps its own potential, and truly grasps industry customers Only in order to seize the opportunity and win a breakthrough in the aluminum industry business.